Prairie Airport, Inc.
Fly-In Planning Meeting Minutes
May 14, 2008
Mueller Aero Hangar, Prairie du Sac, WI
Curt Mueller opened the meeting at 6 p.m.
- Will members of the Farmer’s market be at the Fly In Mega Market? Don Ladd should be contacted.
- Per Curt Mueller, there will be numerous boats shown from American Marine and The Boat House.
- Per Curt and Virgil Schulenburg, there will be 6,000 Harley Davidson owners at the H.O.G. rally in the Wisconsin Dells the weekend of the Fly In. Virgil will have a Fly In banner and invitations at his booth at Ho-Chunk Casino.
- Curt asked for volunteers to begin distributing Fly In invitations and posters. Those volunteers include:
- Ed Burn, area campgrounds.
- David Landsverk, local area businesses and Baraboo airport.
- Bill McFarland, Waunakee area.
- Bill Klinkner, Richland Center, Sextonville
- Roger Thistle, Sun Prairie, Hanley’s, Baraboo, Lodi
- Dave Lukens, Morrel’s and local area.
- Bob Henry, Reedsburg, Monroe, Galt, Romeoville airports.
- Sharon Barrett, Sauk Prairie Libraries and other local sites.
- Steve Arnold, Woodman’s and Madison Public Libraries.
- Curt proposed that the Fly In only take place every two years vs. every year in an effort to encourage donators to be more generous. All agreed.
- We might have a different type of fund-raising event in off years. To be discussed further at a later date.
- We need to hold a volunteer meeting before this year’s Fly In to encourage new blood and to better inform volunteers when and where help is needed.
- Curt is running ads for the Mega Market in the Sauk Prairie Star and Eagle for several weeks to encourage vendors to apply.
- The SPA, Inc. board along with land owner Curt Mueller needs to have a mission statement and plan of action for the future in place so that the public better understands our fundraising goals.
NEWS AFTER MEETING
· Mc Donald’s will sell iced coffee at the Fly In.
· For large quantity ticket buyers:
o 5 tickets = $20
o 25 tickets = $100
o 50 tickets = $200
o 75 tickets = $300
o 125 tickets = $500
o 250 tickets = $1,000
o 500 tickets = $2,000
o 625 tickets = $2,500
Meeting adjourned at 7:30 p.m.
NEXT FLY-IN PLANNING MEETING:
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 at 6:00 p.m. at the MuellerAero Hangar.
Back to the Sauk Prairie Airport home page