Prairie Airport, Inc.
Fly-In Planning Meeting Minutes
April 2, 2008
Mueller Aero Hangar, Prairie du Sac, WI
David Landsverk opened the meeting at 6 p.m.
- Eric Peterson of Fly High Helicopters was present, and confirmed that they will again provide helicopter rides to the public at this year’s event. They have no other commitments that date, and will fly as long as the demand is there.
- Wisconsin Aviation is bringing one or two fixed-wing aircraft for plane rides. They will fly from 8:30 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Ed Burns of the Coast Guard Auxiliary has applied for a static display of a Coast Guard Dolphin Helicopter. He is awaiting final word. Ed will also talk to the WI State Patrol about having a plane and a car as a static display.
- Pizza Hut will not have a trailer at this year’s event, they will instead be placed inside the hangar similar to last year’s set-up for pizza.
- Bob Henry is again running the vehicle show.
- Steve Arnold has the Mega Market and Parking schematic complete, and it is ready to be laid out.
- Should we have Pilot Perks at this year’s event? All pilots eat free from 7 a.m. until 11?
- Col. Johnson is discussing an appearance by People & Paws, a Milwaukee based Search and Rescue organization that has worked all over the US and the world.
- Sharon Barrett will contact the Petting Zoo and ask them to reserve the date for our event.
· Harley Davidson is having a H.O.G. State Rally the weekend of the Fly-In, and there are events planned in Baraboo and at Ho-Chunk Casino and Resort. (See wistatehogrally.com)
· SOLICIT VOLUNTEERS!! Sharon Barrett will post volunteer sheets at Mueller Sports Medicine. We encourage all Sauk Prairie Airport Board members and hangar owners to actively seek out family and friends to help out at this year’s event.
· Sharon will also ask Curt Mueller to contact Craig Culver about the possibility of a fly-over by the Culver’s Lear jet again this year.
NEXT FLY-IN PLANNING MEETING:
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 5:30 p.m. at the MuellerAero Hangar.
Back to the Sauk Prairie Airport home page