Prairie Airport, Inc.
Fly-In Planning Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2008
Mueller Aero Hangar, Prairie du Sac, WI
David Lukens opened the meeting at 5:33 p.m.
- We have the permit for this year’s raffle, and the application for the 2009 raffle.
- Robin Bromley has volunteered several of her employees to handle the Market Oasis.
- Pizza Hut will sell pizza and breadsticks only from a Pizza Hut trailer on the grounds. Pricing is still to be finalized, and electrical needs need to be confirmed.
- We will allow cash sales by Pizza Hut, the Boy Scouts, and at the Market Oasis.
- Steve Arnold proposed a layout for parking and for the Mega Market.
- Need to set an advertising budget as soon as possible.
- McFarlane’s has museum quality antique farm equipment that Curt Mueller would like to see on display at this year’s Fly-In. Dave Lukens will talk to Chuck McFarlane.
- We need many more cars, boats, tractors, etc. for this year's vehicle show. How do we contact and invite more people for this event?
- Non-Profit organizations who wish to participate in the Mega Market: do we charge them the same $25.00 fee as other vendors, or ask them to purchase 5 raffle tickets for $20.00? They cannot solicit donations at our fundraising event, but are welcome to recruit volunteers and hand out information.
- We need a small committee willing to work phones to solicit local groups to participate. Groups recommended: Sauk Prairie Optimists and Lions, The Good Neighbor Clinic, etc. It was suggested that this committee meet at the Mueller Aero Hangar one morning or afternoon for a 'contact session.'
- How will we handle vendors that wish to sell firearms at the event? Don Ladd will contact the Community Center to see how they handle gun sales. What about knives? No weapons sales?
NEXT FLY-IN PLANNING MEETING:
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 at 6:00 p.m. at the Mueller Aero Hangar.
This meeting will follow the SPA, Inc., Board Meeting being held at 5:30 p.m.
Back to the Sauk Prairie Airport home page